|
Action Planning Template
|
||||
|
Goal: Use data to determine the
effectiveness of tutorials/remediation as tool to increase academic
performance.
|
||||
|
Action Steps(s):
|
Person(s) Responsible:
|
Timeline: Start/End
|
Needed Resources
|
Evaluation
|
|
1. Acquire a roster of
students who are in MESS tutorials, and a roster for students in EOC
remediation courses. These students will be a combination of Freshmen,
Sophomores, Juniors, and seniors.
|
Clayton Floyd, John
Westbrook, Shane Webb, Regina Pruitt
|
August 26th/September
13th
|
I will need to acquire the
master roster of students that are required to attend MESS tutorials, and I
will also need class rosters of any EOC remediation courses.
|
Once I acquire rosters for
the remediation courses and tutorials, I will make a master list of these
students on an excel spreadsheet, and use this spreadsheet to track student
performance throughout the year.
|
|
2. Track student
performance at the end of each 6 weeks grading period, and on EOC tests as
the scores become available throughout the year.
|
Clayton Floyd
|
September 13th/June
6th
|
Performance data from EOC
tests, and 6 weeks grades from classes in which the student must attend MESS
tutorials.
|
Student data will be
collected throughout the year. Data from EOC exams and 6 weeks grades will be
reported on to the master spreadsheet as the year progresses.
|
|
3. Use data collected
during research assignment to analyze the effectiveness of MESS
tutorials/Remediation on increasing student performance on EOC tests, and
regular classroom performance.
|
Clayton Floyd
|
October 4th/June
5th
|
Performance data from EOC
tests, and 6 week grades from classes in which the student must attend MESS
tutorials.
|
The data will be used to
determine if MESS tutorials/Remediation are effective in increasing student
performance on EOC tests and regular classroom performance.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Here is my original action research plan. I feel that this plan suites my interests, and it will also allow me to collect data that are campus can use to improve. Please give any recommendations to the plan is you see something wrong, or missing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm not sure that you have enough action steps to create enough of variety in your data to support your findings. I would try and create at least three more actions steps. Also, I would identify the acronym MESS tutorial. Good start!
ReplyDeleteI have always wondered about the effectiveness of tutorial seem before or afterschool...This seems to be a research project that will be beneficial to all schools. I do agree with Carson, maybe add a few more steps so that you can fully investigate this topic. Good luck! Check out my blog if you will...adderry.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete